This is Fudo maintenance release, introducing improvements to stability and bug fixes. It is a milestone towards upcoming system-wide Fudo upgrades.
Fudo 3.9 changes list:
- RADIUS challange-response support; available for RDP, SSH, VNC and Admin Panel & User Portal.
- Swiss and German keyboard support for RDP login.
- A lot of new reports: by account, safe, server, user, session. Summary of the sessions connected, approvals, terminations, user invites. Time bound reports of privileges assigned, user activities.
- RDP stability improvements for macOS Remote Desktop Apps.
- ZFS disk management stability improvements.
- Passwords complexity verification.
- VNC protocol stability improvements.
- System interface speed and usability improvements.
- Cluster stability improvements.
- Fix for live session view & joining via browser.
- LDAP sync improvements
- API compatibility updates.
- Improvements to sessions export to video formats.
Over 50 other bug fixes. This release also resolves a potential problem with RDP sessions data corruption, which may occur while window size was adjusted during the session.
It’s highly recommended to upgrade all Fudo instances.
If you have not upgraded your Fudo to 3.8 here are release notes for Fudo 3.8 we have published in July 2018:
- 4 Eyes Authentication: for critical sessions an additional access approval option can be enabled. Access can be granted by a senior Administrator via the Fudo Portal or a dedicated mobile app.
- Dynamic server support based on network subnet
- Access policies for Active Directory groups
- LACP protocol support
- ServiceNow integration
- Data audit for sftp/scp transmissions
- External Fibre Channel storage support for capacity expansion
- Multiple Active Directory domains support
IMPORTANT NOTE: If Fudo was used with synced domain users, who were using short_domain_name\username, after upgrade they will be required to use full_domain_name\username or only username. For example:
A short domain name can be configured in the LDAP sync menu.
- PCAP support
- Password protected certificates support
- Custom CA support for protocols using SSL.
- Vastly improved RDP protocol support
- Citrix protocol support
- Active Directory support for nested objects
- Translation in Russian
- Servers IP address overwrite for Fudo in Bastion mode
- Interface responsiveness improvements
- Step by step data replication for clusters, with current cluster stage on system dashboard
You can find video tutorial at our YouTube channel:
- Fudo 3.8 upgrade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWqnp6_7j_U&t=45s
- Fudo 4-eyes Authentication: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X86QKJuq-k8
- Fudo multi-domain configuration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45W_5HGIgis
Upgrade package download instructions:
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive proper upgrade package for your Fudo current software version.
Before you upgrade
There are a few things that need to be verified before this upgrade can be applied.
- Make sure your Fudo system is at least version 3.4-xxxxx LTS. If you have an older system version, please contact us and we will help you with the upgrade process.
- Make sure your Fudo is not undergoing any system-wide process, like a storage matrix rebuild or is under high load.
- In cluster mode please make sure cluster state is in sync. Start upgrade from cluster slave.
- Please make sure you have active maintenance contract: Premium or Standard Support.
How to upgrade your Fudo:
- Login to your Fudo and from the menu on the left hand side select ‘System’, then the ‘Upgrade’ tab
- If your Fudo is running in a cluster please start the upgrade from the Slave system, then move to the Master. When both systems are on the same Fudo version cluster communication will be restored.
- Select “Upload” from the top left side and upload the previously downloaded and unzipped fudo-3.9-xxxx.upg file
- Select “Run Check” to determine if your upgrade file is correct and can be applied to existing Fudo configuration. Refresh your browser window to see “Upgrade check” current progress.
- Upon a successful “Run Check” result, upgrade your Fudo by using the “Upgrade” button. Upon system restart all active sessions will be terminated.
In case of an unsuccessful check do not upgrade your system, double check your upgrade file checksum. If you encounter any problems, get in touch with us and we will assist you.
After the new Fudo version is booted up, in System -> Upgrade tab you will see a button entitled “Remove upgrade snapshot”. If you are experiencing issues with newly installed version, you have an option to roll back to the previous version of Fudo system previously running on this machine. Please keep in mind any session recordings performed on never version will be lost upon upgrade rollback execution.
If you have questions or concerns, please get in touch at email@example.com
or by phone: +48 22 100 67 09.
Fudo Security Team.